Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Birth of Breggoda

This Monday I returned from work tired, a little more than usual thanks to the constant weather change in my new home-city!

I made good old Gajar- Matar (Carrot & Peas) with a little twist, I added a little thickened cream and let it simmer and viola - it was exquisite! Along with that I made Beans with the usual cumin, turmeric, salt ,chilli, coriander powder - which was ok.

With all that put aside and almost done and my husband not home, I had a good 20 mins to kill. So I decided to try some thing new - and born was "Breggoda" (credit for the name goes to Pallav )

Breggoda is word derived from BREad + eGG+ pakODA

All that it takes to make this simple, easy to cook, nice to taste snack/starter is boiled egg, mashed white bread and seasoning to your taste, mix everything and  make it into small cutlet shapes and shallow fry on medium, cooking both sides evenly.

It can be added in gravy or simply eaten like that with ketchup and peri peri sauce or eat it between buns/bread with lettuce :)

Do try and let me know!

2 comments:

  1. wow!
    breggoda seems like one for ppl on the move like me ..!

    kudos to ur 1st recipe post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...!!!

    Is it the same Aditi who used to ask neighbours to tadkao khichdi for her? ;)


    I'm very impressed....way to go gurl..!!!

    Neha (ur neighbour in bnglr) :)

    ReplyDelete